[ivtv-users] video "features" - how to remove?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Jan 22 20:00:01 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Andy Walls <awalls at radix.net> wrote:
> 1. No guarantees that my VCR won't somehow correct the signal.

True, but it's definitely a cheap solution to test and if it allows
you to reproduce the issue then it eliminates the need for anything
more complicated.

> 2. It's been a long time (too long) since I worked anywhere with an
> oscilliscope available to me. :(  So I would be fumbling in the dark as
> well.

Are you suggesting you are going to go out and buy a storage
oscilloscope?  Because unless you have the ability to play back the
captured data I'm not sure what good it's going to do you.

> (Coincidentially, I just happen to be updating my resume right now.  It
> looks like about 1998 when I last used an oscilliscope at work.)

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com