[ivtv-users] Insertion erros when installing cx18

daryl sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Thu Oct 16 06:23:52 CEST 2008

Thanks for your attempt to help me. I have just one more question at
this time...

I had loaded the cx18 driver twice before and dmesg did show that the
card was recognized. In fact, I actually did have video at one time. But
after making a mess out of my system I reinstalled everything and have
not been able to get the card recognized since.

So now after the information you gave me about pci buses, I tend to
believe that I have a hardware issue or something related to packages.
It now seems obvious to me that I did something to change my system that
is causing the problem.  Does this sound reasonable to you?

My problem is that I can not remember what changes I may have made to my
system.

Here is a list of possible changes that I wonder about. Please tell me
if any of these may be related to my problem.

I. Could the problem be related to using a differant kernel than I
originally used?

2. Could it be that originally I used the live cd installation and now I
am using the alternate cd installation?

3. Could it be related to installing a second hard drive on my system
and at differant times I have it enabled or disabled?

4. Anything else you may be able to think of that I may have done
differantly?

Thanks a million for your time,
Daryl