[ivtv-users] sendbytes: error - bailout on pvr-350

Sander Sweers sander.sweers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:12:17 CEST 2008

oops :-S,  meant to write...

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 05:11, Alan <alan at ufies.org> wrote:
> i2c_adapter i2c-0: sendbytes: error - bailout.
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
> i2c_adapter i2c-0: sendbytes: error - bailout.
> i2c_adapter i2c-0: sendbytes: error - bailout.
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0
> ivtv2: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0

This is not good and I suspect these come from a PVR-350, correct? The
ivtv cards have trouble with dma transfers which got worked around in
newer version of ivtv. But can still hapen in certain situations.

> Any ideas?  Or ways of testing heat maybe?

Yes but this probabaly involves upgrading to a new version of ivtv.
Can you post the *complete* ivtv init so we know which version you are
on.

Greets
Sander