[ivtv-users] cx18 blaster?

Andy Walls awalls at radix.net
Wed Nov 26 23:47:15 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 15:03 -0500, igloocentral hotmail wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to get the ir blaster working with the hvr-1600?
>
> lirc_pvr150 works fine with the HVR-1600. I had it blasting no
> problem. However, it supports a limited number of set-top boxes. Check
> first if your codeset is supported, otherwise you'll need a blaster
> that supports the full set of codes, like the MCE remote. Good luck.
>
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/IRcodesets.html
> http://members.shaw.ca/paulsid/pages/knoppmyth+hvr-1600+asus-m3a.html
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24

Glad to hear it works.  Others had reported that it didn't.

I've looked at Mark's latest code and have to warn you that it will make
an improper call to an ivtv driver function, ivtv_reset_ir_gpio(), with
a pointer to a cx18 data structure in the lirc_pvr150.c:write()
function, if the blaster chip stops responding.  This *could* have an
adverse effect on the operation of HVR-1600, odds are you'll never
notice what just happened that was wrong.

Attached is a patch I had worked up a while ago to avoid that situation.
Maybe it still applies cleanly to lirc_pvr150.c.

Regards,
Andy