[ivtv-users] PVR500, 0.10.6, DMA errors

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 28 12:51:37 CET 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007 12:36, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 08:20:10AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > I have two suggestions: first edit ivtv-irq.c: search for the
> > ivtv_dma_enc_start function, at the end of this function you see
> > this line:
> >
> > itv->dma_timer.expires = jiffies + HZ / 10;
> >
> > Remove ' / 10'. Compile, install, etc. and see if the TIMEOUT
> > returns.
>
> After about 2 days of uptime, about 9 hours of recording, this
> reappears:
>
> ivtv0: DMA TIMEOUT 00000001 0

Was this also at the start of a recording? Or when a recording was
already running? If you get this at the start (resulting in a 0-byte
file), then this indicates a race condition and not a 'real' DMA error.

> > If so, then install the v4l-dvb repository. See
> > http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Download#Bleeding_Edge_driver
> > on how to install v4l-dvb.
>
> I'll try this now.

That will be very interesting. This error seems familiar, but I can't
remember whether I fixed it and if I did whether I only fixed it in the
v4l-dvb repo.

Regards,

	Hans