[ivtv-users] IVTV installed, but can't play test file.

Sander Sweers sander.sweers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:50:20 CET 2007

On za, 2007-12-15 at 18:25 -0500, Christopher Boorman wrote:
>  I've tried upgrading/downgrading both ivtv and kernels in the past, so
>  I'd prefer to keep what I have for now.

There is not much that can be done for this version of ivtv/kernel. It
is just too old and will not get active development.

>  How do I specify a tuner?

Load the ivtv module with tuner=<number> look in the kernel source (note
this has to be the source of your running kernel version!) in the file
tuner.h. This should be in <kernelsource>/include/media/.

> ivtv0: Encoder revision: 0x02060039
> ivtv0 warning: Encoder Firmware can be buggy, use version 0x02040011,
> 0x02040024 or 0x02050032.

You are still using the the old firmware.

Did this card ever work? If you have access to a windows box try if it
works in that. If not you very likely have a broken card.

Greets
Sander