[ivtv-users] Anyone have a Philips FM1216ME or FM1236 MK5 tuner?

Loris Caren loris at caren.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 15:08:02 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 23:09, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a PVR card that uses the Philips FM1216ME MK5 or
> FM1236 MK5 tuner? They appear in newer cards (PVR350 mainly I
> believe) and I'm adding support for it into the kernel. As far as I
> can tell I can reuse the existing MK3 tuner definitions. With one
> possible exception: FM radio support.
>
> I'd like to have someone test radio support with these tuners to
> confirm whether I really can reuse the older MK3 tuner definition
> or not.
tveeprom 1-0050: tuner model is Philips FM1216ME MK5 (idx 117, type 4)

I reckon I've got one here in the UK in a recent purchase PVR350.
I'm willing to help, but I should warn you, I've still not found my
way to a working system yet - I've got as far as getting a fuzzy
picture from the tuner after adding ivtv options tuner=1.
Currently when I try for sound from mplayer I get dropped frames.
I'm using an FC5 platform (2.6.17 kernel)