[ivtv-users] ivtv-0.4.4 && kernel-2.6.15.6

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:45:49 CEST 2006

I noticed a small cosmetic bug with the latest release of ivtv-0.4.4.  The
package does not correctly check for the kernel 2.6.15.x minor revisions.

When I ran make against the 0.4.4 package:
[root at localhost ivtv-0.4.4]# uname -r
2.6.15.6
[root at localhost ivtv-0.4.4]# make
ivtv-0.4.x does NOT support kernels > 2.6.15!
See www.ivtvdriver.org for more information.
make: *** [version_check] Error 1

I figured the 0.4.4 package was still designed for my kernel, so I modified
the Makefile to check for 2.6.15.6.  I just wanted to make sure of two
things:

(a) I notified the list of what I found.

(b) make sure I didn't choose the wrong package to compile against my kernel
;)

--
-Rob

As seen on bash.org:
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there
should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't
we just take the safety labels off of everything and let
the problem solve itself?