[ivtv-users] 0.6.0 No Worky

Gregory Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Fri Mar 24 15:16:09 CET 2006

I just built a new 2.6.16 kernel, built 0.6.0 extracting fresh firmware and
put them in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. When I modprobe the driver the machine
wedges.

I see on the list archives a comment "The options 'Add support for additional
audio chipsets' and 'Add support for additional video chipsets' must be turned
on in the kernel config."

By that do you mean to diagnose his problem that these options are causing the
problem? Or suggest that these options are mandatory and missing them will
cause oopses and crashes?

I don't seem to have these options enabled. Should I? Should not having them
enabled lead to kernel wedges?

I wish I had more info to report but the machine just freezes. I'll try again
in a console, maybe I'll get more info.

--
greg