[ivtv-users] Problems with PVR150 (cx25841-23) and Avermedia M179with IVTV 0.4.3 and firmware update

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 20:52:13 CET 2006

On 11/03/06, Donny Fontenot <donnyf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I managed to get the PVR150 firmware installed, and the 150 works fine
> when it is the only capture card in the box.  When I add the M179 I am able
> to detect the inputs (in mythtv-setup), but when I try to use the M179 in
> Mythtv I get the dreaded black screen on 'watch live tv'.  I do realise that
> this isn't the mythtv mailing list.

>  ivtv:  ======================  NEXT CARD  ======================
>  ivtv1: Autodetected AVerMedia M179 card (cx23415 based)
>  ivtv1: i2c attach to card #1 ok [client=tveeprom, addr=50]
>  tuner (ivtv): chip found at addr 0xc0 i2c-bus ivtv i2c driver #1
>  ivtv1: i2c attach to card #1 ok [client=(tuner unset), addr=60]

I have a PVT150 and 2 M179 cards and had to manually set the correct
tuners in order to get both working properly.

On Debian (likely the same on knoppmyth since it's debian based) I
have created the file:
/etc/modprobe.d/ivtv

It contains:

# Options for ivtv module
options ivtv tuner=50,2,2

This tells ivtv that my PVR150 should use tuner 50 and my two
AverMedia cards should use tuner 2.  Getting it to work for you should
be as simple as remove the last comma and 2 from the tuner line.

Hope that helps.

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.