[ivtv-users] Super Band tuning problems on PVR500 w/ Samsung Tuner

Brett Hesterberg bretthesterberg at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:22:50 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've scanned through this mailing lists archives for this problem to no
avail.  I have a PVR500 with Samsung tuner that is having tuning on the
upper (295.2625 Mhz) and lower (217.25 Mhz) super band frequencies (CATV
freq list: http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html).  Channel 23 is
fuzzy and Channel 36 is un-watchable (however audio is fine on each).  All
other channels are look great.

Background info:  I'm running ivtv 0.4.2 and compiled with latest line 333
from
http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/branches/0.4/driver/tuner.c?rev=3150&r1=3120&r2=3150.
Firmware is the recommended set from
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware.

I might consider having MythTV skip over the problem channels, but channel
36 in my area is the History Channel and I can't live without it :)

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks and great mailing list!

-Brett