[ivtv-users] No sound on some channels PVR150

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Nov 24 12:05:17 CET 2005

    Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:44:31 +0100 (CET)
    From: "Hans Verkuil" <hverkuil at xs4all.nl>

    No, this is PVR150 specific. It programs the cx25840 video/audio chip, the
    PVR250 has a saa7115 for video and a msp3400 for audio, totally different
    chips.

    Audio problems with the msp3400 are harder to debug. When I have more time
    (one day) I want to add support for the VIDIOC_LOG_STATUS to the msp3400
    which should make it easier to see which audio standard is detected by the
    audio chip. Unfortunately, the msp3400 driver needs to be cleaned up as it
    is somewhat of a mess.

    You can try to load the msp3400 module with module option 'debug=1' (or
    was it debug=16? I cannot remember). The debug output may give some
    indication of what is wrong.

Okay, I'll give it a shot the next time audio vanishes.  Should I just
do "sudo insmod msp3400 debug=1" (or =16) on the running system, or is
there something else I should be doing?  (And I dunno if just doing
that might disturb the situation; I guess I'll see if vanished audio
reappears immediately after doing so, in which case I'll have to start
debugging earlier or something...)  Tnx!