[ivtv-devel] UNKNOWN CX18 CARD

Tom McClung 2tmc at cox.net
Tue Aug 2 00:58:06 CEST 2011

Unknown Card: vendor/Device: [14f1:5b7a]
Subsystem Vendor/device: [1179:0010]
Defaulting to Hauppauge HVR-1600 card
Invalid EEPROM

System: Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600
Toshiba TV Tuner
. Region/Standard - US/NTSC Standard Definition (720x480)
. Parental Control and Closed Caption
. TV Tuner Enhancements: 3D Y/C separator, Digital noise reduction,
10-bit A/D conversion, Time-based correction

My tv tuner card doesn't appear to work with Ubuntu 10.04 as I received
notice during the boot process advising me to email www.ivtvdriver.org

Was there any information in the ttv300x.inf file that I sent on Jul 27
01:36:17 CEST 2011 that could be used to modify any of the available driver
parameters under the Ubuntu 10.04 to make my tv tuner card work on my
Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600??

If not, could you provide guidance/instructions on how to bypass the tv
tuner card during bootup until I can get a working solution?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.