[ivtv-devel] Is this a bug?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Aug 5 03:20:05 CEST 2008

We're running ivtv 0.10.5 (tagged release) under Myth 0.21 on SuSE
10.2.

$ uname -a
Linux potato 2.6.18.8-0.5-default #1 SMP Fri Jun 22 12:17:53 UTC 2007
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
$

In having to determine tonight which of my cards was a -350, so we
could set it back up for the inhaling of DVD's (since we can't get
MythRIP to work any better than we can get MythArchive to (:-)), I
discovered this, which I think is a bug:

 ===
ivtv2: Autodetected Hauppauge card (cx23415 based)
ivtv2: loaded v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (376836 bytes)
ivtv2: loaded v4l-cx2341x-dec.fw firmware (262144 bytes)
ivtv2: Encoder revision: 0x02060039
ivtv2: Decoder revision: 0x02020023
i2c-algo-bit.o: ivtv i2c driver #2 passed test.
tuner 3-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (ivtv i2c driver #2)
saa7115 3-0021: saa7115 found @ 0x42 (ivtv i2c driver #2)
msp3400 3-0040: MSP4448G-A2 found @ 0x80 (ivtv i2c driver #2)
ivtv2: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250
 ===

That last line is the same for all three cards, but the other two only
show the loading of the -enc firmware, suggesting to me that they *are*
-250sm and the driver's lying to me about this one, which is actually
my -350.

Is this a known issue?  Is it still like this in newer versions?

Is it actually a bug?

Our video and audio have been recording fine ever since we went to this
rev; earlier drivers had a "repeat every 5th frame" problem that my
sister couldn't see but which drove me nuts.

We do still have VBI lossage though, which I may be convinced to
upgrade if it will fix...  (Is there a non-devel ivtv list I should
have posted this to?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--