[ivtv-devel] Firmware licensing and ebuild problems

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 18 21:03:31 CET 2007

Hi all,

First the good news: we've received official permission to redistribute
the firmwares from Hauppauge. Thank you, Hauppauge!

Now the bad news: I've updated all the firmware archives on
ivtvdriver.org by adding the new license files. This means that they
all changed size and I promptly got a report that gentoo didn't like
that one bit!

I'm not sure who is maintaining the ebuilds, but it is hard to update
them? The problem is that I cannot NOT add the license files. Now that
we have them, they also have to be part of the archives.

I hope someone can fix this.

Regards,

	Hans