[ivtv-devel] 2.6.20 broken for pvr150/500...

Tyler Trafford tatrafford at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 17:15:17 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 01:54:04AM -0500, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 07:44, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Monday 05 February 2007 21:08, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > When porting ivtv to 2.6.20 I discovered that I got errors when
> > > firmware anymore.
> > >
> > > I've just discovered that changes in 2.6.20 brought a cx25840 bug
> > > to the surface (it was always there). I've made a patch and pending
> > > some testing it should end up in 2.6.20.1 (it's a pretty serious
> > > bug after all), but this means that cards with a cx2584x won't work
> > > with 2.6.20 unless you manually apply the attached patch.
> > >
> > > If you have a saa7115-based card (pvr250/350), then it will work
> > > fine.
> > >
> > > The ivtv trunk has been patched as well to support 2.6.20.
> > >
> > > Next kernel cycle I really should do some tests before the kernel
> > > is released :-(
> >
> > Oops, that patch was against the version in the v4l-dvb repository.
> > Here is a new one against the actual 2.6.20 kernel source.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Hans
>
> Further testing with a pvrusb2 indicates that there is more going on
> than meets the eye. Also it appears not to work for some people here.
> In other words, it needs more work. I'll continue investigating
> tonight.

In my defense, I'm pretty sure that when the code in question was put
in, I tried client->dev first and then when that didn't work used
client->adapter->dev. :)
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831