[ivtv-devel] DMA prob on ASUS A8N-VM CSM w/ integrated video

David Girault david.girault at dfg.homedns.org
Tue Oct 3 12:46:53 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I just want note that lot of ASUS board have buggy BIOS. Especialy ACPI
DSDT table. I need to make a custom kernel with a custom DSDT to use this
board correctly. Without, ACPI is fully disable and board doesn't work
well.

Look at http://acpi.sourceforge.net/index.html and
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php for more information.

Custom DSDT for ASUS A8N-VM CSM were at
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?manufacturer=ASUS&name=A8N-VM+CSM

My kernel .config include the following two lines:
CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT=y
CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_FILE="/usr/src/dsdt.c"

Using this patched DSTD in my kernel, I have now ACPI activated and have
IRQ routing working very well.

Perhaps all DMA errors are related to buggy ACPI DSDT on this board?
I hope this can help someone.

Regards,
David