[ivtv-devel] S-Video is black and white

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 22 22:02:19 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 21:51, Han Holl wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 November 2006 23:12, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > I am also beginning to suspect it may not be related to the cx25840
> > at all, or otherwise it depends on the order of how things are
> > done.
> >
> > In the category 'clutching at straws' falls this idea: edit
> > ivtv-cards.c, go to the ivtv_card_pvr150 struct and comment out
> > the .gpio_init line at the bottom. Compile, install, etc. and try
> > again.
>
> No luck with this straw. To add an extra datapoint, under fc6 I
> played my daughter's DVD player via the s-video input of the PVR-150,
> and there were no problems with colour or sound.
> I didn't try 0.8.1 yet <g>.

Eh? First it didn't work and now it does?

> What's next ?
> Give up ? Systemtap? Kernel debugger ?
> I could give someone a SSH login on this machine, if that helps.

Well, the only option I can think of is to find with which ivtv version
it broke. With a binary search through all the versions it shouldn't
take too long to find it. Because I really don't know what else to do.
An ssh login isn't useful, since I would have to download MPEG snippets
just to see if it is B&W.

Regards,

	Hans