[ivtv-devel] PVR 350 and encoder firmware

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Wed Feb 1 12:50:17 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:22:36PM -0800, Cecil Watson wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm working on my next release of KnoppMyth and have ran into an issue
> the with 350.  While 0.4.2 works beautifully for the 150, 250 and 500
> (kudos to all!), it won't load the encoder firmware for the 350.  Here
> is what I get:

Hi Cecil ;)

For what its worth, I'm running KnoppMyth with 0.4.2 fine on a
EPIA-MII, pvr350. I'm more than willing to provide either
a) a login
or
b) configuration and dmesg output

as you desire ;) Only thing I had to do to get it working was rename
all the various firmware bits for the 0.4.2 format and alter the startup
process to make them available at boot time.

Works fine for me 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time the
shows record just fine (perfect sound/video sync) but have a
peculiar 'juddering', as if frame data is being found in the
wrong order. Happens regardless of bitstream settings in Myth,
etc. PAL version PVR, more details as requested.

Oh, and I've had my box hang once and reboot spontaneously once,
but thats very uncommon.

Thanks for KnoppMyth ;) If you want any help do let me know, I'm
a fairly savvy but time starved professional unix geek.

Matt