[ivtv-devel] 50% CPU usage while using PVR350 tv-out and mythtv

Petter Gundersen pettergundersen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 06:55:40 CET 2006

I have some info about the issue with high cpu usage while using the
pvr350 tv-out and mythtv.

Earlier reports here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/32506#32506
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/32807#32807

This started happening between ivtv 0.7.0 and 0.7.1, more precisely
changeset 3406 "Added workaround for the DMA 0x0000000b error...".

I'm not sure if this is a ivtv bug, a myth bug, or if some of my
kernel settings are messing things up. Since I never have had any
problems with the DMA 0x0000000b error, I use the attached patch with
ivtv 0.8.1, and my cpu usage is back to it's normal ~1%. The patch
reverts changeset 3413, 3407 and parts of 3400.

Regards,
Petter