[ivtv-devel] Closed Caption to Subtitle

Andrew nospam at flight.us
Wed Sep 28 19:57:42 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 02:10:40PM -0500, Hui Zhou wrote:

> For those who have closed captions in vbi streams, is there any one
> interested in a small utitlity that I wrote that would extract the closed
> captions from the embeded mpeg file and output into a subtitle file
> that mplayer would load? It does cutting if supplied with frame-range.
> It also tries to translate the captions into lower case for my own
> taste.

You rock!  How were you planning to distribute your utility?

(I've been wanting to obtain subtitle manipulation utilities (and skills!), but so far, have had bad luck. Someone else posted to this list recently regarding subtitle adding but there were no replies)

I suppose your output can be generalized to accommodate all sorts of subtitle development, not just mplayer?

thanks!
andrew